Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I am so old!


So here I am with my old lady glasses! I broke down an went out and bought a pair of reading glasses! I love them.....Jay hates them! He can't even stand to see me when I am wearing them. He says he did not marry that old lady! HOW RUDE!!

Seriously though, I am feeling old yet young! I can see again! I think so many of us fear doing the things we need to in order to increase our quality of life. I was to the point that I could not see the paper without holding it at arms length away from me and then my arms would hurt from holding the paper out and hyper-extending my arms!

Vanity! Vanity! All is vanity! You are only as old as you feel. Reading glasses, hearing aids, a cane or even Depends! do not make you old! Only you make you old! If you feel old and act old - You are old!

Let's celebrate our youth! Here's to reading glasses!

Laura

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey I have a pair of reading glasses on my desk at home, on my desk at work, in my purse and by my bed. That way I never run out :)

Anonymous said...

Old is older than I am!

~Pam~ said...

I agree...
How Rude!! lol

I several pairs of reading glasses. There are lots of cute ones. Laura you look fabulous in your glasses! :o)