Tuesday, November 18, 2008

DRAMA in the House!

This morning while getting ready for school, Grace was in the laundry room getting her bag ready for dance lessons. Laura, Torrey and I were in the living room having devotions. All of a sudden we hear a shriek and Grace blurts out "Who's there!".

Laura said "no one...you're running late...get your bag around!" Not ten seconds later, another shriek and a "Something is in this house and it's following me!" I replied "Nonsense! This house has been locked all night, nothing is following you!"

At this point Grace came into the living room shaking like a leaf..."Can't you hear that noise? It sounds like a bird chirping around my head!" At this point its all we can do to keep our cool, but I calmly said "Grace come here there's nothing wrong." She took two steps and froze in her tracks..."There" two more steps and this time I heard the little bird chirping too...hmmm

"Grace, take two more steps." There it was again...that chirping sound and it was coming from Grace's foot! Come to find out, she'd ruptured the air bag in the heel of her tennis shoe and every time she took a step with her left foot her shoe would "chirp".

Everyone including Grace cracked up! Something WAS following her...a spooky shoe.

It's those little moments of laughter in life we all need to appreciate. They serve as a gentle reminder that the apples don't fall far from the tree! Grace gets her "drama" from me and her mental instability from Laura :-)

Have a BLESSED DAY!

Jay

1 comment:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Never trust your shoe ! I have been to church and work with two different shoes on - that was not nice of them to switch on me like that!