Monday, January 05, 2009

My friend - the bird

Every day out of my office window a bird will sit and watch me work! Seriously, he does! I have tried to capture him on camera several times and he always flys away. Today,I got him!

I love to watch my little friend. He comes to the tree outside my window to feed on the berries. He watches the world go by. He sometimes brings friends to the tree. He watches me.

My little friend reminds me of the greatness of our God. He causes me to ponder the ways God chooses to create. He causes me to reflect on the wisdom of God.

At times when I have just gotten word of another friend diagnosed with cancer or an illness unexplained by medical technology- my little friend flies into the tree and perches himself and watches me. I find comfort in this because I know when I am questioning God and wondering what the heck He is doing, He sends this little bird to remind me that He is in control and knows exactly what He is doing!

What causes you to ponder and question God? So often we think we are less faithful if we ask questions and experience doubt. I think that questioning and wondering causes our faith to be strengthened. I pray that in 2009 your faith will be strengthened and God will show himself to you in real and authentic ways....like my little friend!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

To whichever of you left a note on my blog... :-)

I probably shouldn't have used the word "blindly." What I meant was the difference between my faith as a child -- whose world is small and contained an whose challenges are few-- as compared to my faith as an adult where the world is bigger and problems more varied... I've had trouble putting the thoughts that are going through my head and heart into words, but as a child there were fewer questions about my faith.

Happy week to you both!

Indian Lake Papa said...

I taught a SS Lesson this past Sunday - the theme was trust. Even at 65 I am still struggling with learning to trust my Savior a little better. Trust requires obedience as well.