Friday, May 22, 2009

A Big Night for my little buddy~



Ok so he's not so little anymore~~

Torrey Graduates from High School next Sunday, but in my mind it happened last night. Last night was our church youth group's annual Senior Honors Banquet. We ate of course and had the youth worship band lead us in some songs. Then came time to honor the kids, when Dean Humphrey (Torrey's small group leader) reflected on Torrey's time in the youth group he said how much he appreciated the way Torrey stepped up to be a leader through out his time in youth.

That was cool, but what made the evening for me (besides my son initiating a hug with a BIG "I love you dad") was the message Torrey left on the "Senior wall". Along with his name and a TU for Taylor University he left the following quote and scripture:

"Today is a gift live as though your debt has been paid"

Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil. Romans 16:19

While I REALLY don't want to let him go...he's ready!

J & L

1 comment:

Unknown said...

...makes a girl shed tears of joy
Ma