Friday, January 29, 2010

A Marriage Question not a Political Question

As you read this PLEASE know I'm not making a Political statement here...just got me thinking.

It is said by many "pundits" that Barack Obama never has and never will admit that he is wrong. It made me ask the question, how would that translate in his marriage?

Never admitting your wrong in any relationship leads to hurt feelings, lifelong emotional scars, and dysfunction that is unimaginable.

To never admit you're wrong in marriage means that your marriage will never experience the POWER of forgiveness the JOY of grace received or the DEEP LOVE that comes from reconciliation.

My mom has said that great marriages are made by two great forgivers...I disagree, I think great marriages are made by THREE great forgivers. The Father has shown us how, now we need to trust each other, admit when we're wrong and forgive.

Never admitting your wrong may be good "politics" but it's lousy on relationships.

What do you think?

Celebrate!

Jay

No comments: