Sunday, March 18, 2007

Eminem called me!

I'm driving to Traverse City for a show friday night when my cell phone rings...I answered..."This is Jay" to which I hear in a very street wise tone "Yo~ "Dre" this is Marshall". Now I suspected this was one of my comedian friends playing a joke so I played along...
"Marshall who?"
"Marshall Mathers" came the reply
Now I'm not big on pop culture but I do know that Marshall Mathers is the Rap star Eminem.
"Marshal, what can I do for you?"
"Dude, I want you to be on my next cd"
"What do ya want me to do?"
"Freestyle"
"Freestyle what?" I couldn't believe I was having this conversation...
"Dude this is "Slim Shady" and I want you on my cd"
"Well hey this is Fat and Sassy and I don't know if I can"
I carried on with the conversation just waiting for the voice on the end to break character and he never did, he insisted I was "Dr. Dre" and that he got my phone number from a reliable source...Then, I told him I was a minister...
At that point I KNEW it was REALLY Eminem, because he launched into a litany of curse words...some I hadn't heard in quite a while...
I'll never forget my phone call from a Rap star...I've tried to call him back a few times but have not gotten through...who knows maybe the Lord will use this as a ministry opportuntiy...
What fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jay - that is HILARIOUS! I want your autorgraph next time I see you.... :P

~Pam~ said...

Hi Jay and Laura,
Oh that is hilarious, what a phone cal!!
Laura, just wanted to let you know that I changed my blog and I am now with blogger. :o)

Take care and God bless!