Monday, March 12, 2007

The power of Laughter!

We've had a stressful few weeks here at Celebrate headquarters...
Book Deadlines
Conference Deadlines
Radio Interviews and...
Two of our best friends are moving from Alma.

My family will tell you it's had dad a bit edgy...ok GRUMPY the last few weeks.

Tonight at dinner that all changed, Laura fixed a great meal, the kids were talking about seeing the first robin and were telling jokes they had heard in school.

Seeing how making people laugh is part of what I do for a living, I thought I'd chime in with an old familiar "Knock Knock" joke. I proceeded to masacre this simple joke at which time the family burst out in laughter and began mocking me incessantly.

At first, I was upset and almost cut loose with a tirade! But then I realized what I'd been missing these last few weeks...a good HARD LAUGH!

We laughed so hard Laura had food coming out her NOSE! Which of course made us all laugh even more~

Laughter is POWERFUL...the Bible calls it "good medicine" why don't you take a dose today...it sure cured me!

Blessings~
Jay

No comments: