Saturday, November 24, 2007

Enchanted

Well it's been a great holiday weekend so far. We had a terrific Thanksgiving day, with the exception of the Lions game of course. The food was scrumptious and I didn't over eat which is a good thing.

The Christmas decorations are now hung in the Laffoon household and yes Laura got in her shopping...BUT the highlight of my weekend took place yesterday when I took Grace to see Disney's "Enchanted". It was fantastic!

Grace and Daddy are not shoppers, so while mom and Torrey scour the mall for deals, we go out for "date" of lunch and a movie. The first time we did this was when she was very small and we went to see "Monsters Inc." she climbed in my lap for that movie. This time it was just her head on my shoulder and her hand in mine.

If you don't like hokey, predictable, feel good movies then don't go. If however you believe love is the most powerful thing on the planet and that dreams do come true, then grab someone you love and get to that movie...you'll leave loving them even more.

It isn't often you leave a movie seeing couples arm in arm kissing and laughing, but you will after this one. It isn't often that a movie makes me so happy that I get misty, but this one did. It isn't often that a movie so closely reflects real life, but this movie which is set between childhood fantasy and real adult love, clearly reflects where my 10 year old Gracie is...still a child but equally a blossoming woman...

Gotta go, I don't want Laura to see me "misty eyed"~

Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

misty eyed right back at ya!