Monday, December 03, 2007

From the mouth of babes!


Well today is the day! According to my ten year old, as of today, my life is half over! I celebrate 45 years today! I guess I could look at her statement as a compliment- that I will live to be 90!

Do you ever find it funny that people ask, " do you feel any different" Yeah, a whole 24 hours made me feel a whole year older! Yesterday I was a young 44, today, I am a very old 45!

I am a firm believer in the statement that you are only as old as you feel! So some days I feel 18 and other days I feel 80! I actually love birthdays- I get gifts, and taken to lunch, and in our house, you get a birthday week..so I get a whole week of fun!

What are some of your thoughts on old age and birthdays!?

Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday, Laura. I'm 30 this weekend! I'm looking forward to it... I'm realizing that wisdom is better than my dashing good looks - so hopefully I'll gain more of the former in my mature years :)

Debbie said...

I used to hate getting older but I am a young 53..and my birthdays mean another year closer to "retirement" from my current job and the opportunity to start a new adventure in my life. :)

Debbie said...

Just wanted to say I love you Christmas messages.