Saturday, December 20, 2008

A "Dread"-Filled Day!

It's 10am on Saturday morning here at the Laffoon house and in an hour and a half we are going to host a "Dread head" party. A good number of friends and family will descend on our house for Pizza, movies and about 4 hours of turning Torrey into a "Bob Marley" wanna-be. (Minus the Marijuana of course)

Torrey has been growing his hair out for about 6 months now all in anticipation of turning his beautiful head of hair into a glorified house mop! However if there is one thing I've learned in my years as a parent it is to pick my battles wisely.

Would I prefer him to "dread" his hair? NO, but that really isn't a battle I feel needs to be waged. He's a good kid, no, he's a great kid and the battles I'll look to fight are: when he is not respecting his sister or his mom, when he treats people with injustice, or when he fails to confront things that are just plain wrong! So today I'll live with the hair and in 30 years (Lord willing) we'll all look back with a grin!

And here's the finished product! By the way...that 4 hour project turned out to be 8!


"Hair's" to YOU!

Jay

1 comment:

Deane Christianson said...

Nice dreads... you're absolutely right. Hair's not anything to fight about. Been there and avoided the fights and everything turns out just fine!!!!!!