Tuesday, December 09, 2008

so it has been a week....but still it was the best and worst birthday!

So last Wednesday was my 46th birthday! I love birthdays and christmas and any opportunity to celebrate! Celebrations are huge around our house! so here is what happened.....

Jay told the kids the night before that we were waking them up early so we could celebrate my birthday before school. They were given fair warning! So, Grace gets up at 6:30 am and Torrey drags himself down the stairs and 6:45 and promptly plops his body on the couch and goes back to sleep! Jay being Jay starts singing, "Happy birthday to you..." The kids start screaming for him to stop! "It is too early" Torrey yells, " I am still sleeping!" Jay continues to sing...Grace then yells are her dad for irritating her brother! I am watching the whole thing in disbelief! It is my birthday and my kids are yelling because they do not want to sing to me! Needless to say I was hurt, but kept my mouth shut...for a few minutes.

After a while, Jay began to discuss with the kids the err of their ways and they got mad at us for being mad at them for not wanting to sing to me for my birthday! They left for school mad at Jay and I and never once said Happy Birthday mom! Ungrateful kids! I was beginning to wonder who raised these children
Well, this is where it gets good....At 3:00 p.m. my children stroll into my house bearing flowers and apologies for their morning behavior! I got great big long hugs and love and kisses! I knew we had raised them right!!?



It was the worst/best birthday ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B-Day to you Laura. It's sounds like you did a great job raising your kids, they are just normal kids. Sounds like you have a crazy but great husband too. Barb from Cincy

Indian Lake Papa said...

Question; Did you get your Happy Birthday song ???