Thursday, June 18, 2009

Didn't fight the battle...but we won the war!




So many parents need to learn to pick their battles! Jay and I have learned over the years that there are certain battles we will fight and others just are not worth it when it comes to the kids. Hair, earrings, etc....just are not that big of a deal. This year Torrey has gone from hair that is well kept to dreadlocks to long hair.

He has gone thru many hairstyle changes and many times I did not like the way it looked! I kept my mouth shut and let him be who he is....his favorite line along the way has been, "It is all a part of my journey, Mom". Well this journey has come full circle! Yesterday he went and got a hair cut all on his own.

I realised that we chose our battle well with his hair. we let him explore who he is and he came to the "correct" conclusion all on his own! We have our boy...oops..young man back! Short well kept hair and all!

You see we did not have to fight that battle but we still won the war!

1 comment:

~Pam~ said...

Awww that is so great!!
:-)