Monday, March 22, 2010

We get the nicest letters

One of the blessings of our line of work is to hear how the Lord is touching people. Here's a Facebook message we just received.

Hi Jay and Laura,

My husband and I bought your book at your Holland venue, last week...we decided we would read the book together, resulting in when he read a chapter; sitting in our favorite love seat (which has his/her sides) anyways, when we were done I would find the book sitting on my side of the couch, so we went on that way through the whole book....Finishing it today.

Normally, I would not write a "report" on something I read, but really felt I needed to after reading something that touched both of us deeply.

Our marriage is a second marriage for both of us, we will be married 2 years this June....knowing our marriage was blessed by God already, this book just edified that so perfectly for us....we both prayed for a spouse that resembled one defined in your book...and we knew we had it right, but did not realize HOW RIGHT:).

I discovered my husband IS a typical man and that is OK, I knew; but did not completely understand it...He discovered , there ARE FOUR WEEKS IN A MONTH :)....he always has handled that well but understands it more now....I asked him in the beginning (reading) what did you learn, he starts talking all about the divots, I thought Oh no, this is going to be a difficult read, I waited for him to finish, he then told me how this will help our marriage...it then became an easy read....:)

Laura, wow thank you for being you, sorry to say there is 2 of you and I am one of them :).on many levels..I now know I AM OK!...and I am blessed with a husband who has helped me see this and made me believe in myself again, he has spent 3 years helping me "retrain" my thoughts about myself, by showing me respect, love, and cherishing me...WOW am I BLESSED....

I am by no means a writer , but I hope I was able to express what your book has meant to us, I have an almost 18 year old son, who has been in a relationship for 3 years, and we both have suggested this be a must read book for his future...thank you all you both do.

In the end he WOULD take a bullet for me and I WILL follow him to the ends of the earth.....I should have known this from the beginning when he said(written by him) to me " If our love was like water, it would make Noah's flood look like a spring puddle"...

Blessings,
Dianne and Rick

Get your copy of He Said She Said here

1 comment: