Monday, August 13, 2007

Mother and daughter


Well tomorrow is the big day! Grace and I head off to Grand Hotel for our big mother daughter trip! Here is the deal...early on in our parenting life,Jay and I decided that before the kids were to get "sex ed" in school we would take them on a special trip and give them the info! Grace is entering 5th grade and in our public school system that is when they get "sex ed"!! 5th grade!

Anyway, so she and I head off tomorrow. She is quite excited. We got our nails done this weekend in prep for our time at Grand. She is reading a book about modesty and loving it. The book talks about the power that women have and she loves that! She is very excited and really sees this as her gateway to "being grown up"! Personally, knowing Grace, I think she is going to gross out!

Well, have a great day,and if you think about it, say a prayer for our time together!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a wonderful idea. Our friends that got us orginally going to marriage conferences are attending yours in AZ at the end of this month. I know they will love it!

photo mommy said...

i'll pray for you laura. just last night my 5 year old asked "mom, did your stomach get cut with a sharp knife to get me out?" when i responded "no", she questioned further. "so how did i get out?" i chuckled, kept my answer simple, and hoped she'll wait many more years to ask how she got "IN" to my belly. ;)

~Pam~ said...

Laura, I think that is so neat that you had that special time with Grace. Hope everything went well.
Hugs to you...