Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stranded in SCRANTON~~~

Wednesday I received a 4:30 am wake up call in order to make my 6am flight home from Scranton, PA where I had done chapel for the Nationwide Tour. Everything was going smoothly...easy exit for gas for the rental car...no line at security...pilots and flight crew on duty...EXIT row seat with no one beside me...THEN...the pilot says over the intercom..."We're having electrical difficulties which we cannot fix, you will all have to de-plane and find another way home." YIKES!

I pulled out my cell phone speed dialed NWA. They got me on a US Air flight leaving Scranton at 9:15 through Philly that would get me home a mere 7 hours late. Oh well could be worse.

My 9:15 US Air flight was delayed due to weather in Philly...trying to keep my cool, I heard a page in the airport for the pilot of my original flight to return to the gate. I thought "maybe they've fixed the plane"...strode down to the gate and found that yes they had, and this plane was about to leave and "ferry" back to Detroit with no one on it!

I asked if I could get on it, and a few minutes later found myself with 2 that's right 2 other passengers on a direct "private" Northwest airlines plane back to DTW! The flight attendant just kept laughing as she had never been on a plane with only 3 passengers!

It was a small miracle, but a fun one none the less. I arrived home just a couple hours late and with out the headache of connecting through Philly! Thank the Lord for small miracles EVERYDAY~

Blessings~

Jay

No comments: