Monday, May 12, 2008

If Momma ain't happy...

Like most people, I spent yesterday focusing on Mothers! We here in the Laffoon house spent the week thinking about and preparing for Mother's Day.

What were the kids going to get Mom? Gracie made some nice crafts in school and the teenager of course simply "graced" mom with his presence.

What were Laura and I going to get our moms? I got my mom a potted plant and Laura sent her mom a DVD.

And finally...What was I going to get the Mother of my Children? a cute little digital camera (which I was informed was DESPARATELY NEEDED before the teenager went to Prom!)

I further thought of Mothers as church lingered on until 12:30 and countless families got up and left, no doubt with restaurant reservations...

We had a wonderful meal and Laura got to take a 2 hour nap...it was a PERFECT Mothers Day...

Just one other thought...Everyone, and by this I mean EVERYONE will agree with the age old saying..."If momma ain't happy ain't NOBODY happy!" So if that's true, then isn't EVERYDAY Mothers Day?

Your thoughts?

Jay

1 comment:

Jay and Laura said...

this is a test by Laura to see if this works!