Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gray T-shirts





Does your spouse have quirks? Are there things about him(or her) that just make you laugh? So here is the thing.....Jay has a "thing" for gray t-shirts! I mean like an obsession! He loves gray t-shirts. He wears one every night. Gray t-shirts make up his nite time sexy pj ensemble! It is just a quirky thing...

About six months ago he got online and ordered a dozen of his favorite brand of t-shirts, all in gray! He has an entire drawer of his dresser dedicated to gray t-shirts. It is a quirky thing.....

Last night, I was teasing him about the sexy gray t-shirt he had on. We had a good laugh about his obsession with gray t-shirts and then he made this statement, " When I find some thing I like I stick with it". I laughed for a moment and then it hit me. He may be quirky, yet his statement is what marriage is all about.

When you find someone you like you stick with them. When you first fall in love, you get that ooey gooey liver quiver in your stomach every time you look at the one you love. Time passes, circumstances change, kids come and go and that ooey gooey liver quiver may be less and less. Marriage is not built on the ooey gooey liver quiver. Marriage is built on "like". Finding your best friend, the one who laughs at your quirks, shares your pains, walks thru the storms and gets wet with you. When you find the one you like, you stick with them It may be a quirky thing....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so so love these thoughts!!!Thanx for inspiring me..