Wednesday, February 03, 2010

We just can't make this stuff up!



People ask us all the time if the stories we write about or tell on stage are true. Of course they are true, and here's photographic proof.

Last night I was frustrated because my shaving lotion wasn't pumping properly out of the bottle. So after showering we came down stairs and I was bound and determined to find the cause of the blockage.

Being a dutiful wife, Laura offered her assistance as I attempted to "fix" the pump. For those of you who don't know me well, I am "mechanically challenged" to say the least! More often than not I break things that I am trying to fix. Well last night was no different...

While prying the lid off the container, it never occurred to either Laura or myself that the contents might be under pressure. The precise moment we found out was when the bottle EXPLODED! Shaving cream could then be found all over our kitchen counter, on the kitchen ceiling, and most importantly...all over Laura. Ironically not a drop was to be found on me!

So the next time you wonder...does that REALLY happen to Jay & Laura? Remember, you've seen it first hand!

Blessings~

J&L

2 comments:

Awareness Home Funding said...

That was so funny! But somehow it doesn't surprise me coming from you.

Gary & Sue said...

Wow, we'll be looking for that story at the Grand in the fall. Hmmm, one of those "do not try this at home" projects!

Gary & Sue