Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I thought we were going to start TOMORROW!

Yesterday was Earth Day and our little Gracie came home from school with some great ideas for the Laffoon family to save energy and in turn save our planet. She wanted to write out a plan for conservation and we encouraged her to start!

This morning while getting ready for school, she started to write out the different things we were going to do. As she was writing, Torrey came downstairs and said "Hey conservation girl, why don't you start by going to your room and turning off YOUR lights?" To which Gracie replied, "I don't have time, I have to write out our plan, and besides, I thought we were going to start TOMORROW!"

At this point I said "Grace, the time to start is now, go to your room and turn off your lights." She huffed, slammed down the pen and paper she was writing on, and stomped upstairs.

Just like conservation, NOW is the time to start making changes in our marriages. For example, I've always been pretty good at giving Laura her "Seven Significant Non-Sexual Touches" each day. But recently she told me those "touches" needed to include more KISSES. So, I've been working hard to kiss my wife more each day, because it's what she needs.

So, what can you do TODAY to strengthen your marriage...cause we don't start tomorrow :-)

Blessings~

Jay

No comments: