Saturday, April 12, 2008

Oh my word!

Husbands are so annoying! Can I get an amen!?!? Anyway, Jay has been bugging me because he has written 4 blogs and I have not written one! Can you say " tit for tat?" So here I am, writing a blog! About him! Guess that will show him, huh?

Okay so, probably I should not be writing this blog simply to irritate Jay! Isn't it amazing how the ones you love the most can bring out the worst in you at times!:-) That is why marriage is so fun and yet such hard work. The fun is in the excitement of discovering new things together, having a companion daily with you, someone to laugh with, to do silly things with...to raise children with...wait, is that fun? HMMMMMM....

The hard work is the journey. The small habits that irritate,the stress of daily life, the crisis that makes you question your commitment.

You know, here is what I have decided...when I think Jay is the most annoying individual on the planet, I have to realize that I bet I am no pleasure to live with all the time either! Hard to believe, I know! There are times on this journey that we should focus on our spouse and not always think about ourselves, but I think when our husband or wife is the "most annoying person"in our lives, we should probably focus on our own annoying habits and start there with change.

I am not one for sappy cliches but I do think the one that says "we can't change others we can only change ourselves" bears merit and much thought!

Have a good day and don't let that ONE annoy!

Laura

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I needed to hear these words today....

~Pam~ said...

Hi Laura!
Loved the post today!
Hope you guys are having a great weekend.

miss you!