Monday, February 19, 2007

I wish someone would have TOLD ME!

Barry Foster is a good friend who invited me to preach at his church in Hudsonville last night. After the service, the church sponosred an "Ultimate Date Night" where I made the couples laugh, sing and think about their marriage.

What was cool, was the number of very young couples in the audience of this VERY TRADITIONAL church.

Barry explained that the reason they attracted so many young couples is because of an ongoing "Pre-Marital" class the church hosts. Young engaged couples looking to start off on the right foot come through the class and end up making the church their home.

I wish there had been a class like that when Laura and I were engaged!

How does your church help engaged couples?

1 comment:

mentorman said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! It IS a great way to communicate and learn and grow and it can become addictive and it can be exceptional...and I love doing it. :-) So again...welcome!!! And blessings all over you two on this day~