Monday, June 18, 2007

Fabulous Fathers Day~

I have to admit I had a great Father's Day. My Daughter made me a card. Got a grunt and a HUG from my teenage son! A nice new pair of golf shoes and a day at the lake. It was fun!

But I want to tell you what my sister-in-law did for her husbands 50th birthday which also was Father's day. Ray and Sandy have been married now for almost 13 years. It's marriage number 2 for both of them and I can honestly say they have done a GREAT job of tackling the challenges of blending two families.

Ray is a baseball fan...no question, no doubt! And for his special day, Sandy put together a baseball themed party on Saturday night which culminated in Sandy presenting Ray with a tube of "Ben Gay". Confused he asked "What's this for" to which she replied "You're going to need it after you spend tomorrow on the field at Comerica Park (home of the Detroit Tigers) at a fantasy baseball camp!" What a cool gift.

Gifts are a "love language" and in my opinion, the best gifts really don't depend on the amount of money spent. What matters is did the giver (as in Sandy's case) find a gift that was perfect for the recipient!

No comments: