Sunday, June 03, 2007

Recital Time~

Tonight we had the honor of attending Grace's annual piano recital. Grace has taken piano lessons now for 3 years. Her teacher and our good friend Jackie Woolsey just gets a kick out of how Grace always sings the song she is playing...

I think that's why tonights recital piece was "Happy Time Polka" which, you guessed it has no words. The night was filled with beginner songs like "Christopher Columbus" all the way to Bach, Schubert and Mozart.

What was very interesting to us was of the 21 kids who played 11 were BOYS. What a tribute to Jackie (who has 3 grown boys of her own)and the parents of those boys who have managed to keep their interest in music.

Bless someone you know with the gift of music and watch their spirit SOAR!

Blessings~

4 comments:

~Pam~ said...

Hello!
Oh, that is great that Grace is taking piano lessons! The recital sounds wonderful and how neat that there are that many boys playing piano.
I am using my Blogger website right now, just blogged a bit about our time at the conference and posted a few pics on flickr.
The name of the blog is
Splashes of Joy
http://splashesofjoy.blogspot.com/
I still have my Moore Country website, but blogger is easier to update.
Blessings to all!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Laura! If you douuble click on any of the photos on my flickr badge that will bring up my flickr site and you can view the pic. (and they will be larger as well) :)
Also you can go to www.flickr.com and sign up for a free account if you want to post pics on your site using flickr.
Hope you see this comment soon and it helps. You can email me if you want, I'd be happy to help.
Pamm58@aol.com

Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

That is great about Grace. Our oldest son started playing the trumpet this year and is doing amazingly good considering my wife and I have no musical talent at all. Kids are awesome!

~Pam~ said...

Hi Laura,
Yes, it's me again.
Thought I would leave you a link for my photos that I have flickr, so you can see them. Hope it works for you!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8676350@N04/


Blessings