Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Evan Almighty Was Right!

Last week we had a family movie night. We told Torrey and Grace to go together and pick out a movie that we would all enjoy. They came home with Evan Almighty. It was great movie! I would highly recommend it!

The premise of the movie is that Evan is a new senator and wants to change the world. He prays and asks God to help him do just that. His wife on the other hand, prays that God will bring them closer together as a family, as a result of this new senatorial job.

In the course of a conversation, this question is asked, "Will God just make us closer as a family or will He give us opportunity to become closer as a family?" It was a great question, but I did not pay much heed to it at the time.

So now you are up to speed....

Our Grace tends to think that the world revolves around her! She is the typical baby of the family and we have enabled that! Well life as she has known it is over!! This new strategy on Jay and I's part has created much complaining from Grace! GO FIGURE!! Last night was nothing new. Dinner complaining! "The meat is too tough!" "I can't chew it!" All the complaining led to some consequences she was not happy with.

When it came to bed time and prayer time, She and I said our prayers and specifically prayed for her to be able to realize that she is not a baby any longer. After we were done, Grace asked," do you think Evan Almighty was right." I was perplexed as to exactly what she was talking about so I replied, " about what?" To which she responded, " Well I need to stop complaining. I prayed and asked God to make me stop complaining. Do you think He will just make me stop or is He going to give me opportunities to stop? Is He going to give me opportunities where I would normally complain and see if I can not complain!"

I told her Evan Almighty was right!

Today she is looking for those opportunities where she normally complains and see if she can not!

1 comment:

~Pam~ said...

What a great post!!
Bless Grace, what a sweetie.

Take care, hope your week is going well.

Blessings~
ps
Dan and I enjoyed our 1st time dancing on stage! lol
I posted about Saturday night a couple days ago on my blog. ;)