Monday, February 04, 2008

My Funniest Super Bowl EVER!

Laura and I chose to watch the Super Bowl just the two of us last night. After back to back shows in Alpena and Alma, we were a bit torched and didn't feel like going to a party. So, we donned the sweat pants and poured some Diet Dew and watched a great game with some really LAME commercials.

I don't remember when, but at one point I said to Laura, did you see the move that guy made out there? The defender "lost his jock strap!". Now for those of you who don't follow sports "lost his jock strap" is simply a phrase one uses when describing a man who really got faked out...anyway

Laura replied, "Is that what I saw laying in the middle of the field?" I just looked at her and shook my head with a grin of unbelief on my face. Realizing how dizzy her remark was, we both broke out in outright laughter. I said that would be quite a feat to see wouldn't it? It's not as funny in print as it was at the time, but needless to say we laughed the rest of the night anytime there was a good play!

Hope your team won!

Jay & Laura

3 comments:

Debbie said...

My team won! And I watched the game alone. :)

Debbie said...

and oh yeah...I saw an ad for The Spark on Mikey's funnies this morning.

Anonymous said...

Even though I don't like football, and I barely understood your joke until you explained it, I'm really glad you guys had a good time. Then again, I am your daughter, so...:)