Monday, February 18, 2008

You just can't make this up!

Okay so people always ask us if the funny stories we tell on stage are really true? Look people you can't make this stuff up!

Saturday, I was out running errands and Jay called me on my cell. When I returned home, He went out to run his errands. While he was gone, Grace and I decided we needed him to pick us up some groceries so we could do some baking. So I picked up my cell phone and simply hit the "JAY" number that he had called me on earlier, assuming it was his cell.

As I am calling him, my home phone rings.Dilemma! Do I hang up before Jay answers and answer the home phone or do I simply let the home phone ring? I hung up on Jay and answered the home phone- I couldn't believe it, the person had hung up! All I got was a dial tone! Maddening!

So I called Jay back. Again my home phone rings! I don't recognize the caller id phone number and it says "out of area", but I hang up on Jay again because he is not answering anyway and again the home phone is nothing but a dial tone!

Now, I am about ready to scream! So I wait a few minutes to give Jay time to see I have called his cell. I dial him again and what do you think happens? My home phone rings again! Now this time I am going to give this person a piece of my mind! So once again I hang up on Jay and answer the home- again dial tone!!!

Well, needless to say I did this one more time before I realized as you probably already have that I was dialing my home phone the entire time I thought I was dialing Jay's cell! I was hanging up on myself! I was the person I was going to give a piece of my mind too...somehow a piece of my mind does not sound very promising right now!

See, we just can't make this stuff up!

1 comment:

~Pam~ said...

Oh Laura, I love it!! Sounds like something I would do! lol

~hugs~