Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

After a long weekend of travel, Laura, Grace and I went to watch Torrey play a Men's church league basketball game last night. It's really quite fun. I used to play and coach our Men's church league team, then I gave up drinking, smoking cussing and swearing :-) It is amazing how the competitive juices come out even among Christian brothers!

Anyway, last night we watched our Alma 1st Church of God team defeat a scrappy Forrest Hill Church of Christ team. Torrey hit a crucial 3 point shot with less than 2 minutes left in the game that put us up for good!

As we bundled up to leave the game, I began frantically searching my various pockets for the keys to the car. I couldn't find them ANYWHERE! I had sat in a couple of different seats talking with different friends during the game so I began searching everywhere. Being the quiet diminutive type, I soon had the entire gym full of people looking for my keys that I was SURE had fallen out of my sweat pants pocket.

In a final act of desperation, I thought I'd look out in the car (but SERIOUSLY who would leave the keys in the CAR?) That would be me! Wow did I feel old, absentminded and STUPID. In know we live in a small town, but leaving keys in the car for anyone to find is not too smart. Age sure has a way of humbling us all...

So of all the things you've lost...do you miss your mind the most?

Blessings~

Jay

No comments: