Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Birthday thought...Confirmed

I'm 46 today...firmly rooted in middle age! This morning in my journal I reflected on the insignificance of life...in the scope of time and space and the shear number of souls walking this planet I am nothing...dust.

I further reflected however that Christ is everything..."in-Him" all was made and all is held together...so I concluded my journal entry this morning with the following:

"I am dust Lord and you are the Swiffer...so pick me up and take me where you wish...Swiffer me to the place you see fit. If I am to be 'Butt Dust' may I be 'Butt Dust' for You."

Those heart felt thoughts were confirmed this morning as I opened my email to read my daily Bible text I receive from our friends at the Moravian church

Tuesday, October 16
Psalm 119:9-16
Ezekiel 20:30-21:17; James 2:1-13

You have made my days a few handbreadths, and my lifetime is as nothing in your sight. Surely everyone stands as a mere breath. Psalm 39:5

Creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope. Romans 8:20

Amazing Creator, in the grand plan of your creation we are but a speck; our lives a mere blink of your eye. You are our teacher, help us to comprehend - we long to understand. Amen.


So fellow "Dust Bunnies" who or what is "Swiffering" you?

Jay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Hope you had an amazing day!

Blessings
Michael Rosen