Monday, October 01, 2007

Meatloaf memories

We had a first in the Laffoon household tonight. Our 10 year old daughter Grace announced that SHE was going to make dinner! Ok, so what are we going to have? "Meatloaf, corn and a salad" came the reply. I think the real reason she wanted to make dinner was to kill some time after being "grounded" from "screens" (TV, Computer, Game boy etc.)

None the less, when dinner hit the table at precisely 6:36pm EST we all ate in amazement at the delicious food she had prepared. The meatloaf was exceptional with a delightful red glaze. The sweet corn tasted as good as it did this summer when we froze it, and the salad was "tossed" to perfection.

I don't think I'll ever forget the memories and flavor of our first episode of Gracie the Gourmet!

In other news, Brittany Spears lost custody of her children today...do you think she'll miss the Meatloaf? I think she already does~

So what's your favorite meatloaf memory?

Jay

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The favorite meatloaf memory at my house is that I don't fix it enough to suit my husband and daughter. (well actually I have fixed it...um...never.) Maybe I should make some.