Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The 2am rule

There are probably many RULES associated with 2am...Nothing good happens after 2am...No human should be awake at 2am...why do the best ideas come at 2am...but here is MY 2am rule:
If I can arrive home from a speaking engagement by 2am, I will do so. Why? A couple of reasons...
1. 4-5 hours in my own bed beats 7-8 in a hotel ANYDAY!
2. I can wake up at 7am and spend a half hour with my kids before they leave for school, there is no price tag for hearing Gracie squeel "Daddy's home!" or hearing Torrey grunt..."Can I drive to school today?"

Last night the 2am rule was applied (1:57am to be exact). I spent a marathon day...left at 6am at a PGA event doing Chaplain work for FCA golf. The LaSalle is a "Major" on the nationwide tour and is always well attended with many PGA tour players coming down for the week.

My good friend and creative communicator Scott Davis from Holland, MI traveled with me and gave the group great encouragement from Collosians. Scott's talk on how we worship a BIG JESUS was not only encouraging, but challenging as he reminded us that BIG JESUS lives in US!.

So...What's your 2am rule?

Blessings~

Jay

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just hoping to figure out how to respond to you by 2:00am

David Butler said...

My 2:00am rule is to figure out how to comment before then. I've been working on it since we left Mackinac Island last Tuesday. So it may have been me grunting not Torrey

Anonymous said...

Were sleeping at that time, hopefully.
Have a great summer. It's great to hear updates about your family.
Your friends,
Joey and Holly

DN4490 said...

We have a 12:00 rule. I start work at 7:00 getting up at 5:30, Nancy doesn't get home until 11:30 at times. We like to spend atleast a few minutes reviewing our day and praying together before bed.
This is the first blog I ever responded to. Since you mentioned it at Mackinaw I thought I'd give it a try.