Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How do you live?


I was having a thought this morning and decided to share it and see if it makes sense to anyone else!

Have you ever noticed how winter and spring can dictate how we act and live? Here is my analogy: In the winter, the weather is cold, dreary, rainy, snowy, etc. We hole up in our homes, shutting windows, locking them down, closing the blinds to keep out the winter and keep in the heat. In the spring, we fling open the windows, we unlock the doors, we open the blinds to let the fresh air and sunshine in.

How many of us live in the winter all year long? We hole up inside ourselves. We lock down the windows of our souls and who we are. OR do you live in spring? Do you fling open the windows of your life, letting others in freely, unlocking the doors on your life and sharing with others.

I don't know about you but I would rather live in the spring all the time!

~Have a great day!
Laura

3 comments:

Debbie said...

which explains why spring is my favorite season...

Liz said...

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your words of wisdom. Something I will add to my prayer each day. Liz

Anonymous said...

Laura, that was great! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.
I truly want to live in Spring everyday.
:o)
Take care, Pam