Friday, May 25, 2007

AHHHHHH!

Yesterday I was privileged and blessed to spend the day at Donovan Serenity and
Wellness Spa
, in Alpena, MI. Sandra Donovan, spa owner, has attended our Celebrate Your Marriage conference for a number of years with her husband. Early this spring I received an email from her inviting Jay and I to be her guest at the spa. SILLY JAY did not want to go! So I took a friend. What an extraordinary experience!

We begin the day with many yummie goodies! Our first treatment was a facial and what an amazing treatment it was! Sandra used "age treatment" on me! YIKES! It was to lift my wrinkles and the edges of my mouth!

Next I moved on to hydro-tub! Steaming hot water and jets along with sea salts! What a wonderful way to relax just before my hour long massage! I am not a touchy feely person- I live in a box and you must be invited into my box- but this massage could have lasted all day! I was a noodle at the end!

After lunch~ which we ate outside amidst the sound of fountains and birds singing~ the day was capped off with a pedicure including a paraffin wax!

I am telling you all this because of the huge blessing that this woman bestowed upon us! She was the arms of Jesus loving us all day! Sandra blessed us with her gifts more than she will know!

I pray I can be as generous and bless others as I have been blessed by Sandra Donovan.

~ Laura

2 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for sharing about your spa day. I am so glad that couple could thank you in such a wonderful way. We all forget sometimes that as we are having fun and getting ministered to, someone else is working hard. Thank you so much for our weekend on May 20th and 21st. Bless you. Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura! Thanks for sharing about the spa, sounds wonderful! What a blessing and you certainly deserve the special treatment. :o)

Dan and I are spending some time at our campsite in the Irish Hills. We expected to do some boating the past couple of days, but the weather isn't cooperating. I just finished reading 'Make Love Everyday'. I read it within a time period of 24 hours, awesome book!!! I am going to read it again this coming week and get Dan to read it with me. ;o)
Take care and God bless you and Jay!