Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Blink!


A miracle occcurred in our home this week! Torrey, our 16 year old son, cleaned his room! Now before anyone thinks I am poking fun at my child, let's be clear, as any parent who has a 16 year old boy, this is indeed a miracle!

Last week, in looking for some items we were missing, Jay and I decided to take a flashlight under Torrey's bed and have a look...YIKES! It was disgusting! Dirty clothes, golf balls, and a host of other items that he probably had not seen in years! He has to clean his room once a week but obviously under his bed is not a part of his room...anyway... When he came home that night we simply asked him to take the flashlight and have a gander under his bed and tell us what he thought. He came back and used these words." I am appalled!" I knew in that moment, in the blink of an eye, my baby had become an adult!

He has spent the last two days cleaning his room top to bottom. He moved, vaccumed, threw out and cleaned up! I walked in this morning to his room and was not ony greeted by a fresh clean smell but also with the realization that in the blink of an eye, Torrey had grown up and in another blink he would be out of the house headed for college!

I hope to treasure the moments and celebrate with him his clean room and the adventure ahead!

No comments: