Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Like a Rollercoaster

Why is it somedays life just feels like a rollercoaster? With emotions running at extremes?

Yesterday we finished our final Celebrate Your Marriage Conference where Anita and John Renfroe made us laugh and eloquently spoke on the "Music of Marriage". Driving home we had such a sense of peace and relief that our "Spring Season" was over.

As I pulled in the driveway my stomach droped 6 feet as I realized we had accidentally left Laura's laptop at Grand Hotel! AHHHHHHHH~ After a few phone calls and a couple of WONDERFUL Grand Hotel staff did some looking, we were informed that all was safe and sound.

I got up this morning to beautiful sunshine, fresh faces heading for school and steaming hot coffee. I hit the office at 8:30am full of Vim and Vigor ready to empty my Inbox and clean up all the financials and bookwork from the weekend. In the midst of settling the financials I had the sinking feeling we were missing some serious cash...my suspicions were realized when a bank pouch containing several hundred dollars was no where to be found...we'll keep you posted~

This afternoon, we were blessed with an eloquent foreword from Ken Davis for our new book The Spark. Ken's kind words and beautiful writing lifted us greatly.

No matter where life has you on your rollercoaster ride, remember it's a journey, ENJOY IT!

2 comments:

Tonya Tyler said...

Dear Jay & Laura

My Husband & I were at the last conference and we had a great time. You both did a great job and the comedy was the best yet in the 4 years we have atteneded the conference. Thank you again for all that you do to put these conferences together. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Jay & Laura:
As we were pulling away from the docks Monday afternoon the usual emotions come over me.. I can't wait for the conference to get here and I am sad that it is over and I am looking forward to the next one as soon as I am on the boat leaving the island.. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful job that you do putting these conferences together and for being a wonderful couple for God..
This was our 5th conference and we are looking forward to many many more years of attending and getting others to attend as well... We will do all we can do to make Celebrate your Marriage a success in our Home, Church and Community.
Thanks again
Kathy & Richard Slemp